All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNot only is Gok Wan one of the UK's top fashion stylists, but he can cook too! Gok's fantastic book, Gok Cooks Chinese, contains 80 personal and family recipes, which are t only delicious and healthy but incredibly simple to make. Gok's love and passion for Chinese food and cooking techniques shine through from every page. From his unique perspective he gives us his personal and modern take on the Chinese food that he grew up eating, drawing on his Chinese heritage to give us a different angle on how to eat - for Gok, it's all about sitting down, tucking into fantastic food that is fuss-free and relaxed. Gok's food is about balance, health, flavour and fun. From his absolute favourite recipe for Prawn Wonton Noodle Soup (which he calls 'happiness in a bowl') to Perfect Fried Rice or classics like his dad's Honey-glazed Char Siu Pork, through chapters on Dim Sum, Street Food, One Pot Wonders and Feasting, you will find recipes for all occasions and moods, whether entertaining friends or enjoying a meal at home by yourself. Above all, Gok Wan will demystify Chinese ingredients and equipment. Gok Cooks Chinese shows us how easy it is to shop and cook just like him.
- Author BiographyAcclaimed fashion stylist and on-screen consultant Gok Wan was shot to fame by his Channel 4 Series, How to Look Good Naked. On the back of the show's success, Gok crystallized his position as a true champion for women with Gok's Fashion Fix and Gok's Clothes Roadshow, helping them to feel confident and stylish. This has led to his enormously popular women's wear collection for Sainsbury's, released in October 2011. He has published four books, including his autobiography Through Thick and Thin, and his openness about his own weight issues as a teenager led him to film two searching documentaries, Too Fat Too Young and Gok's Teens: The Naked Truth. Optomen Television is an independent production company the forefront of the food television revolution both in the UK and the US, known for the flair and originality it brings to its productions. Making shows for all UK broadcasters, Optomen has launched the television careers of household names, including Clarissa Dickson Wright and Jennifer Paterson, Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsay and Valentine Warner.
- Author(s)Gok Wan
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication10/05/2012
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMichael Joseph Ltd
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. ports.
- Weight966 g
- Width195 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine27 mm
Most relevant reviews
- mmmaggie00007 Jan, 2013by
ABSOLUTELY THE BEST CHINESE COOKBOOK AVAILABLE!!!
ABSOLUTELY THE BEST CHINESE COOKBOOK AVAILABLE! I bought this book after watching Gok's cooking videos. It is without doubt a BRILLIANT Chinese cookbook for beginners and also great for the more advanced cook! Gok demystifies Chinese cookery and foods and his recipes and methods are simple and common sense, and amazingly quick to cook. The preparation does take a little time, (as with western cookery) but the results are amazing!!! I do hope his cooking videos will also become available for purchase soon!!!
- joxasun04 Mar, 2013by
funky and fun and great value
I LOVE GOK, love his cooking series and Im not a fan of any other cooking show..EVER, but this man has a beautiful heart, and shares his lovely fathers Chinese ways and there so honest, He has restored many a person view on themselves, and now can restore many a person ability in the kitchen, and as Im vegetarian and cook in woks this to me is heaven ,WELL DONE GOK XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX,;)p.s if he ever comes to Perth Australia I will cook him something myself xx
- hamilton732605 Mar, 2013by
If you want to learn to cook chinese meals, then you must have this book.
I saw the show on tv and Gok makes it look so simple,but then i purchased his book and the recipes really are simple and easy to follow,quick to make and healthy.Many of the recipes have the same ingredients so your not buying items that you may never use again. What i like most about this book is that many of the recipes are passsed down from Gok's family and they leave all the rubbish out of them by stripping the meals back ,to what i think chinese people would eat at home weekly. The layout and grouping of the different meals is fantastic, as it makes it easy to find recipes and also meals that accompany others like a side dish to a main. The only regret about this book is there are only 82 recipes, can't wait for Gok's next cookbook to come out.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34