All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBusiness lessons from one of the greatest Olympic teams of all time It's been called the greatest upset of all time, the most memorable Olympic moment ever, the Miracle on Ice. No matter which superlative is used, one can deny that the U.S. men's hockey team's defeat of the Soviet Union in the medal round of the Lake Placid Olympic Games was a defining moment for Cold War America. The U.S. team's goalie was a Boston University student named Jim Craig, who is w a leadership expert and keyte speaker to business audiences. Gold Medal Strategies gives you Craig's unique lessons from the Miracle team on team dynamics, leadership, motivation, and other important management topics. With his unparalleled perspective, Craig dissects and analyzes the elements of a successful team, how to assemble one, and what philosophies will keep the team's shared goal a reality. This book outlines the necessary skills and details the specific techniques you need to maximize your business readiness, hone competitive cooperation, gather your strategies, and attack your challengers.
- Author BiographyJIM CRAIG, the celebrated goalie on the 1980 U.S. Olympic men's hockey team, stopped thirty-nine of forty-two Russian shots on goal, leading the U.S. to a 4-3 win against the heavily favored Soviets. Following his retirement from hockey, he pursued an award-winning sales and marketing career that included taking an operating unit with $300,000 in annual sales to $50 million. He is founder and President of Gold Medal Strategies, a Boston area based promotions and marketing firm. Learn more at www.goldmedalstrategies.com. DON YAEGER is a former Sports Illustrated editor and coauthor of four sports-related New York Times bestsellers. He is also a frequent motivational speaker on lessons he's learned from sports legends like Walter Payton and John Wooden. He is a frequent contributor to several nationally syndicated sports programs, including Fox News and ESPN. Learn more at www.donyaeger.com.
- Author(s)Don Yaeger,Jim Craig
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/04/2011
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width163 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.