All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI want to gold pan; I want to strike rich. I've been searching for a stream of gold. It's these fortunes I never win that keep me searching for a stream of gold. And I'm getting old. I keep searching for my stream of gold; and I'm getting close. If those words sound like a common refrain, don't despair. With this newly compiled and expanded edition of Jim's previous three best selling gold-panning guides to BC in your library, you'll kw where to find streams of gold all over BC. Jim Lewis has been gold panning all across this province, and w he's sharing his fortune and spilling the mother lode about which creaks pan out. Each creek is well described and accompanied by clear directions and maps. In addition to disclosing his most treasured tips and tricks, Jim teaches you how to read the river and summarises the mining history of each region. From what time of year to head out, what to bring with you and what to watch out for, Gold Panning in British Columbia covers the basics and beyond. You will t need a rainbow to help you find a pot of gold.
- Author BiographyBorn in New Brunswick, Jim Lewis moved west in the early 1950s to prospect for gold. He has been staking claims all over BC and Yukon ever since. He has owned and operated several BC placer mines and worked as a consultant for both placer and hardrock mining. He lives in Clearwater, British Columbia. Born in a small farming village in Essex, England, Susan Campany worked for a large mining company in London, England, as secretary to the chief mining engineer and geologist. She and her family immigrated to Canada in 1972. She met and married Jim Lewis in 1998 and has enjoyed the practical side of gold panning ever since, lending her skills to the paperwork now involved. She comments, If a person from the heart of the English countryside can learn to gold pan and enjoy it, anyone can!
- Author(s)Jim Lewis,Susan Campany
- PublisherHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2013
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationBritish Columbia
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintHeritage House Publishing Co Ltd
- Content Noteb/w photos & illus
- Weight294 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.