All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor over a century Spain controlled the greatest empire the world had ever seen, and its collapse provoked, both then as it does w, a range of analyses over which there has been little agreement. In the second edition of this successful text, Henry Kamen asks: was the Golden Age of Spain in the sixteenth century actually an illusion? By examining some of the key issues involved, Kamen offers a balanced discussion of this fundamental question. Golden Age Spain - offers a concise introduction to the major themes and debates - is w thoroughly revised and updated in the light of the latest research - contains new chapters which cover such topics as culture and religion - highlights key issues and questions at the start of each chapter - includes a helpful glossary and an expanded bibliography to aid further study Approachable and easy-to-follow, this text is essential reading for anyone with an interest in one of the most fascinating periods of Spanish history.
- Author BiographyHENRY KAMEN has been Professor of the Higher Council for Scientific Research (CSIC) in Barcelona, Spain, for the past ten years. He is also Visiting Professor in the University of Chicago's program in Barcelona and is the author of many successful textbooks.
- Author(s)Henry Kamen
- PublisherPalgrave USA
- Date of Publication29/10/2004
- SubjectRegional History
- Series TitleStudies in European History
- Place of PublicationGordonsville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight174 g
- Width138 mm
- Height217 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.87Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.78
- AU $36.61Trending at AU $37.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.