All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionLorna Goodison's Goldengrove is a rich and varied selection of poems from Travelling Mercies (2001) and Controlling the Silver (2004), together with twenty new, previously unpublished, poems. This is a gathering from a poet at the height of her powers. Moving seamlessly between standard English and the speech of her guinea woman grandmother, and between story and song, Goodison brings dignity to the everyday and grace to all our experiences. Derek Walcott refers to Goodison's latest poems as 'a triumph of fusions' and asks, 'What is the rare quality that has gone out of poetry that these marvellous poems restore? Joy.'
- Author BiographyLorna Goodison was born and grew up in Jamaica, where she still has a home. She has taught in Canada and in the United States. She has been a major participant in literature festivals in New York, London and Erlangen, and her poetry and prose are widely anthologised. Carcanet publish Guinea Woman. Her poetry was previously published in Britain by New Beacon Press.
- Author(s)Lorna Goodison
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication31/08/2006
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.