All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThese are the folks who practice chip shots in elevators with invisible wedges. These are the people on the golf course in parkas on the first day the temperature tops 30 degrees. These are the junkies who spend hundreds of hours searching pharmaceutical companiesa websites for a cure for the yips . These golfers are nuts and the anecdotal stories of Golf Nuts are proof. In pathological putting circles, author Ron Garland is kwn as the Head Nut of the Golf Nuts Society, an organization that he founded which w boasts a vast membership of nuts , and these are his favorite accounts from a group of seemingly rmal people with an abrmal obsession.
- Author BiographyRon Garland is the founder of the Golf Nuts Society. He was born and raised in southern California. He currently lives in Salt Lake City, Utah, with his wife, Judy. They have one son, Ryan, and one daughter, Kristin. None of the rest of his family is a Golf Nut. After getting his Bachelor's degree in education from Humboldt State University in Arcata, California, Garland taught for two years and then entered sales where he has been working for over 30 years. He won the Oregon Amateur in 1986. His hobbies include golf, golf, golf, golf, golf, golf, and oh yes, fly fishing and creative design. Brian Hewitt is Senior Editor of Golfweek magazine where he oversees the Golfweek Preferred section of the publication. He was born in Princeton, NJ and raised in Chicago. He has written for the Los Angeles Times, National Sports Daily and Chicago Sun Times. He has won several writing awards from the Golf Writers Association of America. He received a B.A. in Communications from Stanford University. He has authored on other book: Refrigerator Perry and the Monsters of the Midway, a book about the 1995 Super Bowl champion Chicago Bears. He now resides in Orlando, FL.
- Author(s)Brian Hewitt,Ron Garland
- PublisherTurner Publishing Company
- Date of Publication15/10/2002
- SubjectGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight328 g
- Width149 mm
- Height183 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Foreword byMichael Jordan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.