Golf Science: Optimum Performance from Tee to Green by University of Chicago Press (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $44.91Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGolf is perhaps the most complicated simple game ever invented. Golfing greats like Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods make the sport look easy, but anyone who has ever picked up a club kws how truly frustrating golf can be. The success of each shot depends on a diverse range of factors, from the club you choose and the speed with which you swing it, to your mood, the weather, and even the type and cut of the grass. Science plays a crucial role in most, if t all, of these factors, and in Golf Science, sports science expert Mark F. Smith investigates the cutting-edge scientific wonders that take the ball from tee to hole.Each chapter explores a different facet of the game mind and body, the swing, the equipment, the environment, coaching with techlogy, the practice process, and the score and is organized around a series of questions. What happens in the brain during the preshot routine? Does head movement hinder swing performance? Will I hit the ball farther with a longer driver? Why do I lose distance into the wind? What can I learn from watching my ball in flight? How should practice be structured? What are the key stats in golf that I need to kw? Each question is examined with the aid of explanatory diagrams and illustrations, and the book can be used to search for particular topics, or read straight through for a comprehensive overview of how golfer and equipment work together.A must-have for anyone who delights in the spirit of the game, Golf Science will be enjoyed t only by professionals and coaches but also by spectators of the PGA Tour and anyone who enjoys a round of eighteen holes on the weekend.
- Author BiographyMark F. Smith is a sports science expert, researcher, and avid golf enthusiast. With more than fifteen years of experience in sports performance research, he has published in a range of leading international scientific publications, has worked as a scientific advisor for leading organizations, and is on the International Editorial Board for the World Scientific Congress of Golf Science. He lives in the UK, where he is a principal lecturer in sport and exercise science at the University of Lincoln.
- PublisherUniversity of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication07/06/2013
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight1021 g
- Width234 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMark F Smith
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.