All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery winter, willow ptarmigan birds put on new feathery coats, softly white and perfect for hiding in sw. In the spring they take on a spotted brown more suited to nesting. This is just one of the captivating changes that take place in the Far North as animals adjust to the changing seasons. Gone Again Ptarmigan allows readers to be wilderness explorers. Following the course of a year, readers learn how the birds change their plumage, forage, and evade predators, crossing paths with many of the other creatures sharing their land. With lively acrylic illustrations and an author's te at the end to extend learning, Gone Again Ptarmigan is a beautiful introduction to the adaptable animals of the wild North.
- Author BiographyJonathan London is a poet and the author of many picture books, including the Froggy series. He lives in Graton, California. Jon Van Zyle is a painter who has illustrated dozens of books and is the official artist of the Iditarod. He lives near Eagle River, Alaska.
- Author(s)Jonathan London
- PublisherUniversity of Alaska Press
- Date of Publication09/10/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationFarmington Hills
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Alaska Press
- Content Note32 colour plates
- Weight408 g
- Width254 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jon Van Zyle
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.