All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarriage can be a real killer.One of the most critically acclaimed suspense writers of our time, New York Times bestseller Gillian Flynn takes that statement to its darkest place in this unputdownable masterpiece about a marriage gone terribly, terribly wrong. The Chicago Tribune proclaimed thather work draws you in and keeps you reading with the force of a pure but nasty addiction. Gone Girl s toxic mix of sharp-edged wit and deliciously chilling prose creates a nerve-fraying thriller that confounds you at every turn.On a warm summer morning in North Carthage, Missouri, it is Nick and Amy Dunne s fifth wedding anniversary. Presents are being wrapped and reservations are being made when Nick s clever and beautiful wife disappears from their rented McMansion on the Mississippi River. Husband-of-the-Year Nick isn t doing himself any favors with cringe-worthy daydreams about the slope and shape of his wife s head, but passages from Amy's diary reveal the alpha-girl perfectionist could have put anyone dangerously on edge. Under mounting pressure from the police and the media as well as Amy s fiercely doting parents the town golden boy parades an endless series of lies, deceits, and inappropriate behavior. Nick is oddly evasive, and he s definitely bitter but is he really a killer?As the cops close in, every couple in town is soon wondering how well they kw the one that they love. With his twin sister, Margo, at his side, Nick stands by his incence. Trouble is, if Nick didn t do it, where is that beautiful wife? And what was in that silvery gift box hidden in the back of her bedroom closet?With herrazor-sharp writing and trademark psychological insight, Gillian Flynn delivers a fast-paced, devilishly dark, and ingeniously plotted thriller that confirms her status as one of the hottest writers around. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyGILLIAN FLYNN is the author of the runaway hit Gone Girl, an international sensation that has spent more than ninety-five weeks on the New York Times bestseller list. Her work has been published in forty languages. Gone Girl is soon to be a major motion picture from Twentieth Century Fox. Flynn s previous novels, Dark Places and Dagger Award winner Sharp Objects, were also New York Times bestsellers. A former writer and critic for Entertainment Weekly, she lives in Chicago with her husband and children. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Gillian Flynn
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRandom House Inc
- Weight476 g
- Width180 mm
- Height173 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Read byJulia Whelan,Kirby Heyborne
- Contained items statement15 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time1140
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.44
- AU $31.18Trending at AU $37.14
- AU $18.33Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $14.77Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $45.77
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $37.39
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $40.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.