All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTropical = Paradise, right? Wrong! Australian travel writer Stu Lloyd simply wanted to enjoy seamless sunshine, frolic in azure waters with dusky maidens and drink chilled beers in exotic climes-all at the publisher's expense. Too much to ask? Apparently so - In this riotous romp through the Cook Islands, Southeast Asia, India, Costa Rica, Mexico and South Africa, Stu often finds more Purgatory than Paradise, more Hell than Heaven. But ne of this curbs his passion for The Tropics. Or cold beer: 'We were so delightfully, deliriously drunk, Hunter S. Thompson could've been our designated driver.' According to Publisher's Weekly: 'Lloyd is a proud drinker and an unapologetic sexist. When Lloyd does get out of the bar, he offers vivid, compelling descriptions of the sites he encounters, particularly India.'
- Author BiographyStu Lloyd (Sydney, Australia) is the creator of the bestselling Hardship Posting series of books and his travel writings have appeared in newspapers and magazines around the world.
- Author(s)Stu Lloyd
- PublisherMonsoon Books
- Date of Publication01/05/2006
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- Weight304 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $71.84New
- AU $64.55Used
- AU $78.24New
- AU $104.93New
- AU $75.19Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $38.97Trending at AU $68.87
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $79.74
- AU $21.12Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $93.97
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.40
- AU $22.06Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $101.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.