All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSam took the rebuke all the more meekly as he perceived the stiff black legs of a turkey poking-out from under my grandmother's apron while she was delivering it. To be exhorted and told of his shortcomings, and then furnished with a turkey at Thanksgiving, was a yearly part of his family program. In time he departed, t only with the turkey, but with us boys in procession after him, bearing a mince and a pumpkin pie for Hepsey's children. - from Thanksgiving at Oldtown This charming book of Thanksgiving stories, perfectly suited for family reading, gathers in one volume tales of tasty turkeys, festive parties, generous gestures, and holiday cheer. Stories featured include works by such writers as Harriet Beecher Stowe, George Eliot, Nathaniel Hawthorne, and others. First published in 1915 and hard to find since, this may well become a new holiday tradition for autumnal celebrations. American librarian ASA DON DICKINSON (1876-1960) also edited The Children's Book of Christmas Stories.
- PublisherCosimo Classics
- Date of Publication02/12/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleCosimo Classics Literature
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCosimo Classics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAsa Don Dickinson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.