All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMoving beyond the deep-seated cultural feelings of shame that have long fueled the conflict between Christianity and sex and the belief that there is only one right and valid way to practice one s sexuality this rewned University of Chicago pastor uses enlightening personal stories and examples from theology to show how sex is powerful and holy.For years, Christians have been told to adhere to one singular path when it comes to sex: abstinence and purity. Yet this limited focus igres the reality that people s sexual and romantic lives differ widely, even among those who consider themselves devout believers. Church leaders have often refused to address the topic or have preached in ways that are harmful to the emotional and spiritual growth of the faithful in the pews.Pastor McCleneghan is determined to reshape the issue and fundamentally transcend this disconnect between sexuality and spirituality that has left many Christians feeling guilty and sinful. Written in her measured, n-judgmental voice, Good Christian Sex combines humorous personal anecdotes with theological research to transform how Christians think and talk about this basic human need, offering a new understanding that reconciles human love and religious faith.Breaking with outdated conventions, McCleneghan explains how the Bible and Christian tradition inform our beliefs about desire, pleasure, nudity, fidelity, premarital sex, and the variety of sexual practices, and encourages Christians to talk about their bodies, their sensuality, and their longings in a frank, positive, and realistic way. Warm, insightful, and honest, Good Christian Sex is a message of hope, that at last lifts the veil of shame felt by many religious people.
- Author(s)Bromleigh McCleneghan
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight181 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $203.71
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.84
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.93
- AU $64.77Trending at AU $69.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.