All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany Christians today feel overwhelmed as they try to live faithfully in a culture that seems increasingly hostile to their beliefs. Politics, marriage, sexuality, religious freedom--with an ever-growing list of contentious issues, believers find it harder than ever to hold on to their convictions while treating their friends, neighbors, coworkers, and even family members who disagree with respect and compassion. This isn't just a problem that affects individual Christians; if left unaddressed, the growing gap between the faithful and society's tolerance for public faith will have lasting consequences for the church in America.Now the bestselling authors of unChristian turn their data-driven insights toward the thorny question of how Christians talk with people they kw and love about the most toxic issues of our day. They help today's disciples understand what they believe and why, and how to keep believing it without being judgmental and defensive. Readers will discover the most significant trends that offer both obstacles and opportunities to God's people, and how t only to challenge culture but to create and renew it for the common good. Perhaps most importantly, David Kinnaman and Gabe Lyons invite fellow Christians to understand the heart behind opposing views and show them how to be loving, life-giving friends despite profound differences. This will be the go-to book for young adult and older believers who don't want to hide from culture but to engage and restore it.
- Author BiographyDavid Kinnamanis the coauthor of unChristian and author of You Lost Me. He is president and majority owner of Barna Group, where he has supervised or directed interviews with more than 500,000 individuals and overseen hundreds of nationwide, representative research studies. Barna Group's body of research is frequently quoted in major media outlets such as USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, CNN, and the New York Times. Kinnaman speaks on topics including cultural and spiritual trends, teenagers and young adults, leadership and influence, and vocation and calling. He and his wife, Jill, live in California with their three children.Gabe Lyonsis the coauthor of the bestselling unChristian, author of The Next Christians, and the founder of Q, a learning community that mobilizes Christians to think well and advance good in society. Prior to launching Q, Gabe cofounded Catalyst, a national gathering of young leaders. His work represents the perspectives of a new generation of Christians and has been featured by CNN, the New York Times, Fox News, and USA Today. Gabe, his wife, Rebekah, and their three children reside in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Author(s)David Kinnaman,Gabe Lyons
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight136 g
- Width165 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Paul Michael Garcia
- Contained items statement6 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time442
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $20.14Trending at AU $35.44
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $48.99Trending at AU $55.35
- AU $31.18Trending at AU $37.14
- AU $18.35Trending at AU $19.93
- AU $14.77Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $45.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.