All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionSPECIAL COLOR EDITION - 85 images (60 in color). This is probably best ever all round guide to creating a consistent swing and lowering your handicap. Ranked #1 for Kindle > Golf in 2011 and 2012 in the USA and UK. With 53 years of experience as a teaching pro, and much along the lines of Harvey Pennick's Little Red Book, John Norsworthy has distilled many timeless pearls of wisdom into this book. Written in a clear and simple manner with over 80 quality photos, he shows what really works for players of all levels with limited time to practice and to play. Learn how to:
- Make your swing and your overall game consistent and reliable.
- Rediscover and draw upon your innate skills of coordination, timing and feel you first learned as a child.
- Save shots on every hole with techniques for trouble shots, the short game and for putting.
- Master your attitude so that you t only play your best but also positively enjoy yourself when playing!
- Author BiographyJohn Norsworthy, son to Ernest and Elizabeth, was born in Guildford, England in 1937. Living just a few minutes from the local golf course, John at the age of six started making regular visits there and under the guidance of a friendly member, a WWI veteran, he became acquainted with chipping, putting and the general rules of the game. At the age of twelve, John started caddying and at seventeen he started a five year apprenticeship as an assistant at the Roehampton, Wansted and Dulwich golf clubs just a few miles from the center of London. In 1960 John played in The Open Championship at St. Andrews, which that year celebrated its centenary anniversary. He found he had a natural calling as a teacher and in 1961 after qualifying as a British PGA pro, he became the assistant pro at the Dulwich and Sydenham Hill Golf Club in London, England. During this time, he was a member of the British assistants team in a match against the Carris Trophy team (amateurs). A couple of years later became the head pro at the Radyr Golf Club in Wales. While there he also became captain of the South Wales PGA and a golf correspondent for the national TV channel TWW. Following that, John worked for the British PGA to promote golf in Nigeria in Africa, where he also the founded the Nigerian PGA. In the early 70s, golf was starting to bloom in the French Cote D'Azur and he was asked to become the head pro at the Valbonne-Opio golf club. He also spent a couple of years in Belgium as the head pro at the Royal Waterloo golf club, the same club where Henry Cotton had held the same position some years before. While there he frequently gave lessons to the King Leopold and became the co-founder of the Belgian PGA. Finally he returned to the Cote D'Azur once again as the Valbonne head pro, then head pro at the Riveria Golf-Mandelieu Club in Cannes before becoming the director of the St. Philippe Golf Academy from its opening in 2002 until 2008. Today John lives in the South of France with his wife Ida where he continues to share the magic of his Good Golf is Easy training program with his students.
- Author(s)John Norsworthy P G a
- PublisherMansfield Books
- Date of Publication05/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMansfield Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Introduction byMorgan Mason
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.