All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany nprofits are reluctant to develop a policies manual, believing that it takes far too much time, effort, and expertise. But the lack of responsible policies and governance can actually end up costing an organization much more in the long run -- both in reputation and in resources. Good Governance for Nonprofits is a succint but thorough guide that will help organizations develop a board that is legally and ethically responsible and effective in advancing their needs. The authors offer a clear process for creating a policies manual to help boards apply proven standards of governance or attributes of excellence. Now even with limited resources, nprofit leaders will learn how to: * eliminate redundant or outdated policies * add new policies more effectively * clearly guide the CEO and evaluate his or her performance * ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations * understand why certain policies should be included * adapt the authors' templates to their specific needs.
- Author(s)Frederic L Laughlin,Robert C Andringa
- Date of Publication16/09/2013
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.82Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.