All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a collection of poems dealing loosely with the subjects of divorce, sexuality, and American culture from the 1950s to today. The poems vary in tone from the fairly serious to the reflective and meditative, to the wryly comic. Perhaps it is fair to say that this range of tones exists within many of the individual poems, and is their defining characteristic. Poems like What I Want and The Good Kiss are good examples of these quirky, rather unexpected tonal shifts and blendings.
- Author BiographyGeorge Bilgere is the author of two previous collections of poetry, The Going (University of Missouri Press) and Big Bang (Copper Beech Press). His poems have appeared in such periodicals and anthologies as Poetry, The Sewanee Review, The Southern Review, Ploughshares, The Kenyon Review, and The Best American Poetry. A recipient of fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts, the Fulbright Commission, the Witter Bynner Foundation, and the Ohio Arts Council, he is a professor of English at John Carroll University in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Author(s)George Bilgere
- PublisherThe University of Akron Press
- Date of Publication01/02/2002
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationAkron, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Akron Press
- Weight124 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.59Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.63
- AU $21.64Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.