All listings for this product
Best-selling in Travel Guides
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $75.00Trending at AU $84.46
- AU $28.01Trending at AU $39.49
- AU $49.50Trending at AU $50.49
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.46
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.81
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $21.88
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.83
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Iain Finlay and Trish Clark arrive in Hai on a one-year work assignment for the English language service of the communist government-run radio network, they can hardly foresee the intense and exceptional experiences that await them. Coming to Vietnam for an Australian aid agency, their intended role is to coach and instruct, or at least to share their kwledge, with a small group of young reporters. But they find that they learn more than they teach. As friendships with their colleagues grow, Iain and Trish are involved in developing and presenting a daily radio program - the first run by Westerners on a regular basis - and they become immersed in the stimulating life of one of Asia's most enchanting cities. In the process, they gain fascinating insights into Vietnamese society and culture, as well as a greater understanding and respect for the new Vietnam. Good Morning Hai also illuminates the lives of a group of people dwelling in crowded conditions around a small courtyard in central Hai where Iain and Trish find a house to rent, and who become like an extended family living in the heart of the city. In Good Morning Hai, Iain and Trish, two of the founders and producers of the international television program Beyond 2000, return to a country from which they had reported during the Vietnam War. They find an extraordinarily friendly people whose resilience and irrepressible good nature enable them to put the past behind them and move into the future with confidence.
- Author BiographyIain and Trish ...have been journalists, foreign correspondents, radio and TV producers and presenters, as well as authors, for some fifty years. They have written several fiction and non-fiction works separately. and five jointly-written non-fiction works. Co-founders of the internationally successful science program for television, Beyond 2000, they have travelled, lived and worked on every continent. In recent years they have also worked as volunteers with the Voice of Viet Nam radio network helping broadcasters there improve their English language programming. The two of them have recently embarked on the challenging task of wrenching back the ownership of all their titles, written solo or together and are having a deal of enjoyment in establishing an e-publishing company, by which they hope to make all their previously published and unpublished titles available to a wider public. They have shared life together since 1965, have children and grandchildren and, when not traveling, live in Australia on the far north coast of New South Wales.
- Author(s)Iain Finlay,Trish Clark
- PublisherHigh Adventure Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHigh Adventure Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight649 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.