Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.28Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this funny, insightful memoir, a young socialite risks social suicide when she takes a job at a legendary funeral chapel on New York City s Upper East Side. Good Mourning offers a behind-the-scenes look at one of the most famous funeral homes in the country where t even big money can protect you from the universal experience of grieving. It s Gossip Girl meets Six Feet Under, told from the unique perspective of a fashionista turned funeral planner. Elizabeth Meyer stumbled upon a career in the midst of planning her own father s funeral, which she turned into an upbeat party with Rolling Stones music, thousands of dollars worth of her mother s favorite flowers, and a personalized eulogy. Starting out as a receptionist, Meyer quickly found she had a knack for helping people cope with their grief, as well as creating fitting send-offs for some of the city s most high-powered residents. Meyer has seen it all: two women who found out their deceased husband (yes, singular) was living a double life, a famous corpse with a missing brain, and funerals that cost more than most weddings. By turns illuminating, emotional, and darkly humorous, Good Mourning is a lesson in how the human heart grieves and grows whether you re wearing this season s couture or drug-store flip-flops.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Meyer became passionate about making death a less taboo and scary topic. She holds a bachelor of arts from New York University s Gallatin School, an MBA from Cass Business School in London, a certification in thanatology from the Association for Death Education and Counseling, and is a licensed funeral director. Elizabeth regularly contributes to news articles, speaks on nationally syndicated radio programs, and has given guest lectures about death and dying. Currently, she advises private clients and consults for a website that deals with end-of-life issues. Elizabeth was raised and currently resides in New York City. Caitlin Moscatello is a writer and editor, whose work has appeared in Glamour, Marie Claire, O, The Oprah Magazine, SELF, Redbook, Fast Company, Sports Illustrated, and other publications. She lives in Manhattan.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Meyer
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/10/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2015
- Weight363 g
- Width147 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.