All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
About this product
- DescriptionReflections for Advent from members, associates and friends of the Iona Community around the world - from Uganda, Scotland, Wales, Palestine, Switzerland, India, Malawi, Australia, China, Iona, Sweden, Kenya, Canada, Argentina, Brazil, the Netherlands, Germany, Jerusalem, Japan, Ireland, Taiwan, Cuba, Alaska - and more. Many people are seeking for a meaningful spiritual dimension in their lives. There is evidence of that in the huge number of people who work for peace and justice, who accompany the marginalised, and who, in trying to live more simply, become deeply attentive to the cries of our wounded planet. The writers in this book come from different parts of the world. In everyday language they reflect on the challenge and hope of Advent - a time in the Christian year both of waiting and of expectancy. Their thoughts relate directly to our present world situation in which both hope and uncertainty are interconnected. They also remind us that many are seeking the reality of God's presence in the midst of human experience - or in more traditional language, 'the light of the Lord upon us'. The various reflections point us to places and people in many parts of the world where that light shines, often - surprising as it may seem - brightly. Their insights enable us to walk more creatively and compassionately in our own local situations, and to discover that God's light sometimes shines where we least expect it.
- Author(s)Neil Paynter,Peter Millar
- PublisherWild Goose Publications
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWild Goose Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.