All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery day people tune in to The Writer's Almanac on public radio and hear Garrison Keillor read them a poem. And here, for the first time, is an anthology of poems from the show, chosen by Keillor for their wit, their frankness, their passion, their utter clarity in the face of everything else a person has to deal with at 7 a.m. Good Poems includes verse about lovers, children, failure, everyday life, death, and transcendance. It features the work of classic poets, such as Emily Dickinson, Walt Whitman, and Robert Frost, as well as the work of contemporary greats such as Howard Nemerov, Charles Bukowski, Donald Hall, Billy Collins, Robert Bly, and Sharon Olds. It's a book of poems for anybody who loves poetry whether they kw it or t.
- Author BiographyGarrison Keillor, author of nearly a dozen books, is founder and host of the acclaimed radio show A Prairie Home Companion and the daily program The Writer's Almanac. He is also a regular contributor to Time magazine.
- Author(s)Garrison Keillor
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication03/02/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin USA
- Weight476 g
- Width132 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.