Good Teaching and Learning: Pupils and Teachers Speak by Glyn Morris, Colin Morgan (Paperback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.05Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGovernment intervention in the control of schools, irrespective of which political party has been in power, has changed as the 1990s have proceeded. Beginning with policy invations centred on the system, the concerns are w with the classroom, and such issues as teaching methods and skills of 'good teachers'. The quality of learning and the quality of teaching are officially designated categories of evaluation in the inspection of schools' performance. This book reports a five year research project which aimed to capture the voices of secondary school pupils and teachers on how they defined key aspects of quality in learning and teaching. Based on individual interviews with 207 pupils and 133 teachers in ten British comprehensive schools with socially and geographically different catchment areas, the book describes and compares student and teacher perspectives on topics such as: 'what constitutes good teaching?', 'successful lessons' and, 'why pupils learn more in some classes'. The content of this book will be of interest and importance to all teachers in secondary comprehensive schools, educational policymakers, teacher trainers and trainee teachers, for it provides the kind of information which can assist schools, teachers, and pupils in doing better. It makes a significant contribution to kwledge of what the key participants in teaching and learning think. The research findings reported in this book raise important issues for policy makers with regard to training and the development support provided for teachers.
- Author BiographyColin Morgan is a senior lecturer at the school of education at the Open University. Prior to joining the Open University he taught in secondary school, college of education and institutions of further education. He has been extensively connected with headship and school evaluation studies, and has written widely on school management and teaching studies issues. He has co-authored two best selling books on the subject of quality Total Quality Management and The School (1993), Stephen Murgatroyd and Colin Morgan, Open University Press; Total Quality Management and the Public Sector (1994), Colin Morgan and Stephen Murgatroyd, Open University Press. Glyn Morris tutors a range of courses at the Open University in Wales. He has been head of both the departments of education and sociology at Brighton College of Education, and became Head of the Department of inservice education at Brighton Polytechnic after its merger with the college of education. He originally trained as a primary school teacher but later taught in secondary schools before moving to teach in a number of colleges of education. He has been a secondary adviser to the Falklands Islands Government, played a lead role in the Leverhulme project concerned with sixth form study skills and the TVEI extension project concerned with management development materials for collaboration between schools.
- Author(s)Colin Morgan,Glyn Morris
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/1999
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Notereferences, index
- Weight260 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.