All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWe all have a natural nesting instinct - we kw what makes a good place. And a consensus has developed among urban planners and designers about the essential components of healthy, prosperous communities. So why aren't these ideals being put into practice? In Good Urbanism , Ellin identifies the obstacles to creating thriving environments, and presents a six-step process to overcome them: prospect, polish, propose, prototype, promote, present. Ellin illustrates the process with ten exemplary projects, from Envision Utah to Open Space Seattle. For planners, urban designers, community developers, and students of these fields, Ellin's invative approach offers an inspired, yet concrete path to building good places.
- Author BiographyNan Ellin is Chair of the Department of City and Metropolitan Planning at the University of Utah and author of Integral Urbanism.
- Author(s)Nan Ellin
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication20/11/2012
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight363 g
- Width203 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.