All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile studying at Dalhousie University in 1981, a 21-year-old Anna Pottier attended a poetry reading featuring Irving Layton. Walking out of the auditorium that night, she knew two things: she wanted more than ever to be a writer, and she wanted to be with Layton. At the age of 23 she became Layton's fifth and final wife; she was 48 years his junior. She shared the entirety of his world and was intimately involved in the writing and publication of such books as The Gucci Bag, Fortunate Exile, and Waiting For the Messiah. She accompanied Layton on his last major overseas reading tour, broke bread with Pierre Trudeau and Leonard Cohen, met other luminaries, and watched Layton write his very last poem. But slowly, Layton was changing. In 1992, a doctor put names to these changes: Parkinson's disease and early-stage Alzheimer's. Life carried on, but once-easy things grew harder and harder, and then the day came in 1995, after nearly 14 years, when Pottier had thing left to give. Good as Gone is a startling, at times searing, account of one of the most unusual love stories of the 20th century.
- Author BiographyAnna Pottier is a Nova Scotian Acadian, a writer, and a painter. She attended Dalhousie University where, in 1981, she met Irving Layton, whom she married at age 23.
- Author(s)Anna Pottier
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication14/03/2015
- SubjectBiography: Literary
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight520 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.