All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.49
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.05Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionGoodbye My Baby is a gripping, psychological thriller that dares to discuss a subject most of us are reluctant to talk about. When it comes to abortion, we all have our own personal, private opinions. Yet, directly or indirectly, whether we choose to support it, oppose it, or simply t ackwledge it; abortion is a topic that raises many divergent questions and varying points of view. Each of these viewpoints, as well as others, are included in maverick author Christopher Ware's debut title, Goodbye My Baby, which follows a compelling cast of diverse characters who come to terms with confronting this very polarizing, hot-button issue. From a doctor who specializes in partial-birth, late-term abortions to a mother who attempts to terminate her own pregnancy, to a determined religious zealot and an OB/GYN who deceives his patients in order to save their babies, Goodbye My Baby considers a variety of expected and unexpected perspectives without passing judgment or pushing the author's personal opinion on readers. It's a clever, comprehensive, and compassionate text that's sure to touch your heart while also encouraging you to consider where you stand on the subject of abortion and when and why you have arrived at that particular position. Proponents on both sides of the divide are sure to find this a fascinating read. Beyond sharing the same first name and a desire to help others as a medical professional-Dr. Robert Evans has very little in common with his uncle, Dr. Robert Nixon. Dr. Nixon is an OB/GYN specializing in partial-birth, late-term abortions, and though Dr. Evans was initially inspired to study medicine because of him, he finds this particular chapter of his uncle's career highly offensive. But then, when Dr. Evans is basically handed his uncle's practice, he realizes an unforeseen opportunity-the chance to serve his own twisted, duplicitous brand of moral justice. With each termination he performs, he delivers more than expected, and his controversial actions will startle and incite your thinking. Goodbye My Baby offers a comprehensive look at abortion, leaving viewpoint unconsidered. It is a sensitive, sensational work of fiction, sure to appeal to any and all readers, regardless of their position on the subject.
- Author BiographyChristopher Ware was born and raised in the Northeast and obtained his university degree in education, studying briefly in Europe. Goodbye My Baby is his debut title and the first of many creative, compelling stories to come. From the author: The subject of abortion is a tricky business; people are aware it exists, yet most do not care to talk about it openly. With this book, my goal is not to overwhelm the reader, but rather explore the subject, letting the story unfold around you inside the plot lines. I want you to experience each individual's perspective, observe their responses and decisions-not mine. I've tried not pushed my personal viewpoints onto the text, nor have I buried them inside subtext. Instead, I have approached this very polarizing issue from a variety of angles, presenting them through the eyes of a diverse set of characters, cast in vastly different situations.
- Author(s)Christopher Ware
- PublisherChristmas Tree Press
- Date of Publication26/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChristmas Tree Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight780 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.