All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first substantial book to explore what the global financial crisis means for Australia. It looks past 'neo-liberalism' and 'ecomic rationalism' and asks what kind of social democracy we might hope for in the future. Are the heady days of deregulation and privatisation over? If so, where to from here? Goodbye to All That? explains the central tenets of neo-liberalism and discusses their consequences. After the GFC, how might we rethink the challenge of climate change, of care, of quality of life more generally? What is the proper role of the market? What parts of the social fabric need to be mended to create a more sustainable, fairer Australia? Contributions from Prime Minister Kevin Rudd, Robert Manne, Jean Curthoys, John Quiggin, Michael Pusey, Anne Manne, David McKnight, Ian Lowe, Guy Pearse.
- Author BiographyDavid McKnight is the author of Beyond Right and Left: New Politics and the Culture War, Australia's Spies and Their Secrets, and Espionage and the Roots of the Cold War. Robert Manne's recent books include Goodbye to All That?: On the Failure of Neo-liberalism and the Urgency of Change; Left, Right, Left: Political Essays 1977-2005; Dear Mr Rudd: Ideas for a Better Australia (ed.); and W.E.H. Stanner: The Dreaming and Other Essays (ed.).
- PublisherBlack Inc.
- Date of Publication29/03/2010
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationMelbourne
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintBlack Inc.
- Weight386 g
- Width155 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byDavid McKnight,Robert Manne
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.