All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionDoes Google Glass have the ability to identify the urges and impulses in the back of your mind? According to Dr. Jack Wedam, the neuroscience that informs the device can connect a rapid eye movement with a desire that was heretofore lodged securely in your subconscious. And, when it comes to accessing that once elusive consumer information, the flick of an eye can mean big business. In his provocative new book, Google Glass Can Read Your Mind, Dr. Wedam demystifies the visual neurology at play with the much-vaunted techlogy. While it may or may t have already done so, Google Glass is primed to tap into recent developments in the field of neuroscience to read what is on your mind, and sell it to marketers. What's more, you would t have the slightest hint that those thoughts were detected. While the author makes clear that there is public record of just how much Google is availing of these capabilities, he raises probing questions about this very real potential, and what it could mean for your privacy. In his fascinating new book, Wedam fires a cautionary flare to open your eyes well before trying on a new pair of glasses.
- Author BiographyDr. Jack Wedam is the author of Billionaires and eGenes are Selling You Out and Better Than Chicken Soup: Love is Vitamin L for the Soul. He is a licensed doctor of veterinary medicine, and an inventor who was awarded US Patent 4,654,647, a process that afforded a keen understanding of patents. As a scientist with a solid knowledge of how the visual neurology works, Wedam has researched the role of the rapid eye movements as they relate to the subconscious, information that has informed his latest book, Google Glass Can Read Your Mind.
- Author(s)Dr Jack M Wedam
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight86 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.