All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the publication of his first vel in 1946, Gore Vidal has been one of America's most successful writers, as well as one of its most outspoken public figures. The author of more than twenty vels-including The City and the Pillar, Myra Breckinridge, Burr, and Lincoln-as well as several books of nfiction, plays, and screenplays, Gore Vidal has been a leading man of American letters for more than half a century. As the first comprehensive bibliography of Gore Vidal in nearly thirty years, this volume charts the entire range of Vidal's career, as well as the abundant amount of criticism and scholarship he has received. This exhaustive record covers the entire span of Vidal's sixty years of writing, from his first vel, Williwaw, in 1946, to his 2006 memoir Point to Point Navigation. Divided into three sections-works by Gore Vidal, Vidal in translation, and works about Vidal-the bibliography cites all of his books, contributions to books and periodicals, theatrical plays, television plays, screenplays, and adaptations of his work into various media (films, miniseries, recorded books, e-books, etc.). In addition, this volume chronicles the immense amount of criticism that Vidal has received, either in mographs, scholarly essays, newspaper coverage, book reviews, or elsewhere. Within these divisions there are numerous subdivisions, generally arranged thematically to cover the full scope and breadth of Vidal's work and of work about him.
- Author BiographyS.T. Joshi has been widely published as an author, critic, and bibliographer. He is the author of The Weird Tale and H.P. Lovecraft: A Life and editor of a corrected edition of Lovecraft's fiction. He also edits the scholarly journals Lovecraft Studies and Studies in Weird Fiction.
- PrizesWinner of Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2007.
- Author(s)S. T. Joshi
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication11/06/2007
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Weight944 g
- Width186 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Foreword byJay Parini
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.07New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.99New
- AU $61.14Used
- AU $93.21New
- AU $101.29New
- AU $70.76New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.85
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.30
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.15
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $73.99
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.