All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionLondon-based artist Goshka Macuga (born 1967) embraces diverse mediums--including sculpture, installation, architecture and design--to investigate how art has been used to rouse public debate and inspire social change. Macuga's 2016 exhibition at the New Museum, Goshka Macuga: Time as Fabric, brings together a theatrical environment and a selection of tapestries, which draw on the rich historical tradition of textiles and are often vast in scale. Drawn to textiles for their rich historical tradition, Macuga exploits the representative functions of the medium, which can be used to embody political messages while also maintaining tapestry's tactility and portability. This fully illustrated catalogue features an interview with the artist by Margot Norton and new reflections on Macuga's work by artists Ilya and Emilia Kabakov and curator Grant Watson.
- PublisherNew Museum of Contemporary Art,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/07/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Museum of Contemporary Art,U.S.
- Weight454 g
- Width190 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byMargot Norton,Massimiliano Gioni
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.