Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.18Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn November 1918, in a railway carriage in a forest near Paris, six men meet to negotiate an end to the terrible slaughter of the First World War. Threatened by famine and anarchy at home, the Germans struggle to mitigate the punishing terms offered by the Allies. But both sides are torn by battle exhaustion and a confusion that far exceed their national differences. In this riveting combination of history, speculation and rumour, Thomas Keneally recreates the personalities, ideals, prejudices, arguments and desperate measures that resulted in the armistice which would shape the future of Europe. Price: GBP5.99 Edition: Second Format:198 x 129 mm Imprint: Sceptre Markets:BCN ex Can Four of Thomas Keneally's vels have been shortlisted for the Booker prize and SCHINDLER'S ARK (filmed by Steven Spielberg as Schindler's List) has sold more copies than any other Booker Prize-winner. He is also the author of several works of n-fiction, including THE PLACE WHERE SOULS ARE BORN, about the American Southwest. BIRTHPLACE: New South Wales, Australia. WHEREABOUTS: Sydney, Australia PREVIOUS BOOKS: INCLUDE BLOOD RED, SISTER ROSE; CONFEDERATES; THE PLAYMAKER; THE PLACE WHERE SOULS ARE BORN; A FAMILY MADNESS; TOWARDS ASMARA; WOMAN OF THE INNER SEA; JACKO; SCHINDLER'S LIST THE PROMOTION *Part of the new Sceptre relaunch SELLING POINTS (1)Shortlisted for the Booker Prize (2) Publication will coincide with Keneally's new vel A RIVER TOWN and the paperback of JACKO. (3) Author PR on publication. Keneally will be here to take part in the Sceptre promotion.
- Author BiographyThomas Keneally began his writing career in 1964 and has published thirty novels since. They include Schindler's Ark, which won the Booker Prize in 1982 and was subsequently made into the film Schindler's List, and The Chant Of Jimmie Blacksmith, Confederates and Gossip From The Forest, each of which was shortlisted for the Booker Prize. His most recent novels are The Daughters Of Mars, which was shortlisted for the Walter Scott Prize in 2013, and Shame and the Captives. He has also written several works of non-fiction, including his memoir Homebush Boy, Searching for Schindler and Australians. He is married with two daughters and lives in Sydney.
- Author(s)Thomas Keneally
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication01/11/1988
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight166 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Volume editorIon Trewin
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.