All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGot, Not Got: The Lost World of West Ham United is an Aladdin's cave of memories and memorabilia, guaranteed to whisk you back to the Boleyn's fondly remembered 'Golden Age' of mud and magic - as well as a Hammers-mad childhood of miniature tabletop games and imaginary, comic-fuelled worlds. The book recalls a more incent era of football, lingering longingly over relics from the good old days - West Ham stickers and petrol freebies, league ladders, big-match programmes and much more - revisiting lost football culture, treasures and pleasures that are 100 per cent claret and blue. If you were a Junior Hammer, one of the army of obsessive soccer kids at any time from Bobby Moore lifting the World Cup to the early days of the Premier League, then this is the book to recall the mavericks - Peters and Hurst, Best and Brooking, Bonds and Cottee - and the marvels of the Lost World of Football.
- Author BiographyDerek Hammond has written about football and music for FourFourTwo, club programmes, mirror.co.uk and the NME. Gary Silke is editor of The Fox, one of the original and oldest football fanzines still in existence. The pair have provided football cards for The Onion Bag, BBC1's Match of the Seventies/Eighties and the National Football Museum.
- Author(s)Derek Hammond,Gary Silke
- PublisherPitch Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2013
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPitch Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.