All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith a long history stretching over hundreds of years of evolution, gothic encompasses a distinctive visual aesthetic that is fertile ground for endless imaginative reinvention. In Goth, the dark heart of this ever-adaptable subculture is explored in all its many manifestations, including ecclesiastical architecture, contemporary art, cult fiction, spine-tingling cinema, nihilistic rock music and funereal fashions. From seminal gothic vels and films like Frankenstein and Dracula to the music of Bauhaus and The Cure, through the gloomy meanderings of Edgar Allen Poe and H.P. Lovecraft to the current goth scene, this comprehensive book covers the richly complex genre in all its unearthly glory.
- Author BiographyEmma Baxter-Wright is a freelance fashion and beauty writer who has contributed to such publications as The Face, iD, Just Seventeen, and Cosmopolitan in the UK. Formerly a stylist and consultant for Channel 4 and the BBC 2, she was a contributing author to Vintage Fashion (Carlton 2006). Chris Roberts is a music journalist and film critic. He has written for a variety of international publications and websites, including Classic Rock, The Guardian, Melody Maker, NME, Sounds, Elle, Ikon, The Daily Telegraph and Empire. He lives in West London. Artist and sculptor Hywel Livingstone has a Masters in History of Art from Bristol University and has exhibited widely in the UK as well as being artist-in-residence at Franconia Sculpture Park, Minnesota.
- Author(s)Chris Roberts,Emma Baxter-Wright,Hywel Livingstone
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarlton Books Ltd
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.