All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionObesity is a major medical problem. From 1980 to 1991, the number of overweight Americans increased by 50%. This was the largest increase ever! Since then, results of the 1999 National Health and Nutritional Examination Survey indicate that 61% of U.S. adults 20 years or older are overweight or obese. A jump like this is t due to genetics, but to the environment. The total annual cost attributable to obesity amounted to $99.2 billion dollars in 1995, which represents 5% of U.S. health-care expenditures, and a mere 20 pounds increase in weight increases your chances of suffering a heart attack by 31%! If all this money and effort are being spent on diets and the problem is getting worse, what is wrong? Author Machiel N. Kennedy, M.D. believes the whole approach to dieting is flawed. Dieting often means giving up food you like, t having fun, depriving yourself, and worst of all, dieting often fails. Living Lean is based on solid scientific research. It is a guide through the maze of weight-loss confusion and t just ather diet book that sets you up for failure. Rather, it is a blueprint for success. Within the program are the tools you need to change your life. All you have to do is use them. Good health, vitality, and a healthy weight can be yours with the methods outlined in Living Lean: Your Guide to Successful Weight Loss Management.
- Author BiographyMachiel Kennedy is a licensed medical doctor who has specialized in family practice and bariatric medicine (weight loss). He is a diplomate of the American Board of Family Practice and of the American Board of Bariatric Medicine. Dr. Kennedy has more than twenty-five years of experience in private practice, urgent care, occupational medicine, wellness programs, weight-management programs, preventative medicine, medical motivation, and patient education. Thousands of people have been trained and educated by Dr. Kennedy via television, lectures, and his own practice in the areas of eating disorders, power to influence, weight loss, stress management, and smoking cessation. Most importantly, he understands weight management because he has lost excess fat weight and kept it off.
- Author(s)Machiel N. Kennedy
- PublisherRobert D. Reed Publishers
- Date of Publication01/06/2002
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRobert D. Reed Publishers
- Weight190 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.