All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the New York Times bestselling author of Blood and Hor and The Last Gangster- one of the most respected crime reporters in the country (60 Minutes)-comes the sure to be headline-making inside story of the Gotti and Gambi families, told from the unique viewpoint of torious mob hit-man John Alite, a close associate of Junior Gotti who later testified against him. In Gotti's Rules, George Anastasia, a prize-winning reporter who spent over thirty years covering crime, offers a shocking and very rare glimpse into the Gotti family, witnessed up-close from former family insider John Alite, John Gotti Jr.'s longtime friend and protector. Until w, one has given up the kind of personal details about the Gottis-including the legendary Gotti Rules of leadership-that Anastasia exposes here. Drawing on extensive FBI files and other documentation, his own kwledge, and exclusive interviews with insiders and experts, including mob-enforcer-turned-government-witness Alite, Anastasia pokes holes in the Gotti legend, demystifying this torious family and its lucrative and often deadly machinations. Anastasia offers never-before-heard information about the murders, drug dealing, and extortion that propelled John J. Gotti to the top of the Gambi crime family and the treachery and deceit that allowed John A. Junior Gotti to follow in his father's footsteps. Told from street level and through the eyes of a wiseguy who saw it all firsthand, the result is a riveting look at a family whose hubris, violence, passion, and greed fueled a bloody rise and devastating fall that is still reverberating through the American underworld today. Gotti's Rules includes 8 pages of black-and-white photographs.
- Author BiographyGeorge Anastasia, who spent more than thirty years reporting on crime for the Philadelphia Inquirer, is the grandson of Sicilian immigrants who settled in South Philadelphia. He is the author of six books of nonfiction, including Blood and Honor: Inside the Scarfo Mob-the Mafia's Most Violent Family (which Jimmy Breslin called the best gangster book ever written ); The Last Gangster; and The Summer Wind: Thomas Capano and the Murder of Anne Marie Fahey. He lives in southern New Jersey.
- Author(s)George Anastasia
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDey Street Books, an imprint of HarperCollins US
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.