All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGovernance structures are the institutional elements of labour markets. They provide the rules for the employment relationship. In principle, this relationship may be governed by individual regulation, by collective bargaining, or by legal regulation. Despite the importance of governance structures, we still have only a rudimentary understanding of the way in which they emerge and evolve. This book analyses the determinants of governance structures for the employment relationship in Britain. It begins with an evolutionary framework for the analysis of governance structures, based on decisions taken about governance structure constitution by the parties to industrial relations. In the long run, these structures need to survive institutional competition. A comprehensive discussion of the potential determinants of governance structures is followed by an empirical analysis, drawing on historical accounts, case-study evidence, and the quantitative data provided by the Workplace Industrial/Employee Relations Survey series. The individual employer s role and perspective provide the main focus of the book. This study provides a comprehensive micro-foundation for the analysis of governance structures. In addition, it throws light on the discussion of optimal governance structures for the employment relationship and the labour market.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Stefan Zagelmeyer holds a doctorate in Economics from the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg, Germany, and Master s degrees in Industrial Relations and Personnel Management from The London School of Economics and Political Science, UK, and in Economics from the University of Cologne, Germany. He is Lecturer in Human Resource Management at the Manchester School of Management, University of Manchester Institute of Science and Technology, Manchester, UK.
- Author(s)Stefan Zagelmeyer
- PublisherVerlag Peter Lang
- Date of Publication01/02/2004
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintVerlag Peter Lang
- Content Notetables and graphs
- Weight620 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.