Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionTo remain competitive we rely on being early adopters of new techlogies - but there are inherent risks. As we implement these techlogies, how do we manage the risks without hindering the progress of the business? In Governance and Internal Controls for Cutting Edge IT, Karen Worstell explains strategies and techniques to guide IT managers as they implement cutting edge solutions for their business needs. Based on practical experience and real-life models, she covers key principles and processes for the introduction of new techlogies and examines how to establish an appropriate standard of security and control, particularly in the context of the COBIT 5(R) framework and affiliated standards. This book will enable you to apply security and control methods that are suitable for your business, ensure that you make the most of the potential benefits, and are aware of the potential risks of your IT provision. It will show you how the application of appropriate standards can improve stakeholder relationships and enhance your service management and delivery, enabling you to maximize the opportunities that are presented by compliance legislation and regulations. You will learn how to manage your data storage, recovery and migration - particularly in the context of the Cloud, ensure business continuity in the face of an incident, and implement strategies to cover the risk of business interruption.
- Author BiographyKaren Worstell has worked in information security and risk management for more than 25 years, in a range of business sectors. She is currently the Managing Principal of W Risk Group LLC, a professional services practice that enables organizations to manage risk and address myriad standards. Karen has held leadership roles on a number of advisory boards, and is a respected writer on information security.
- Author(s)Karen F. Worstell
- PublisherIT Governance Publishing
- Date of Publication05/03/2013
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationEly
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIT Governance Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight169 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byIT Governance Publishing
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.