All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPolicy informatics is addressing governance challenges and their consequences, which span the seeming inability of governments to solve complex problems and the disaffection of people from their governments. Policy informatics seeks approaches that enable our governance systems to address increasingly complex challenges and to meet the rising expectations of people to be full participants in their communities. This book approaches these challenges by applying a combination of the latest American and European approaches in applying complex systems modeling, crowdsourcing, participatory platforms and citizen science to explore complex governance challenges in domains that include education, environment, and health.
- Author BiographyErik W. Johnston is the Director of the Center for Policy Informatics at Arizona State University and an Assistant Professor in the School of Public Affairs. He also holds joint or affiliated positions in Applied Mathematics for the Life and Social Sciences, the Center for the Study of Institutional Diversity, the School for Social Dynamics and Complexity, and the Decision Theater.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication21/04/2015
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byErik W. Johnston,Kevin C. Desouza
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.