All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $20.65
About this product
- DescriptionGovernance of Marine Fisheries and Biodiversity Conservation explores governance of the world s oceans with a focus on the impacts of two inter-connected but historically separate streams of governance: one for fisheries, the other for biodiversity conservation. Chapters, most co-authored by leading experts from both streams, investigate the interaction of these governance streams from ecological, ecomic, social and legal perspectives, with emphasis on policies, institutions processes, and outcomes on scales from the global to the local community, and with coverage of a range of themes and regions of the world. The book opens with chapters setting the historical context for the two marine governance streams, and framing the book s exploration of whether, as the streams increasingly interact, there will be merger or collision, convergence or co-evolution. The concluding chapter synthesizes the insights from throughout the book, relative to the questions posed in the opening chapters. It also draws conclusions about future needs and directions in the governance of marine fisheries and biodiversity, vital to the future of the world s oceans. With cutting edge chapters written by many leading international experts in fisheries management and biodiversity conservation, and edited by three leading figures in this crucially important subject, Governance of Marine Fisheries and Biodiversity Conservation is an essential purchase for fisheries scientists, ecomists, resource managers and policymakers, and all those working in fields of biodiversity conservation, marine ecology, and coastal livelihoods. Libraries in all universities and research establishments where environmental and/or marine studies, conservation, ocean policy and law, biological and life sciences, and fisheries management are studied and taught, should have copies of this most important book.
- Author BiographySerge M. Garcia is the former Research Director of the French Institute of Research for Development (IRD) and former Director of the FAO Fisheries Management Division. Now retired, he chairs the Fisheries Expert Group of the IUCN Commission on Ecosystem Management (IUCN-CEM-FEG) established under the coordination of the European Bureau of Conservation and Development (EBCD). Jake Rice is Chief Scientist, Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Government of Canada (DFO) and senior Canadian science advisor on international marine conservation and sustainable use policy. He has over 250 scientific and technical publications, in 32 years in the Science sector of DFO. He has been active as a scientific expert and in delegations to CBD, FAO, IPCC and various UN working groups. He is the vice chair of IUCN-CEM-FEG. Anthony Charles is Director of the School of the Environment and Professor in the School of Business at Saint Mary s University (Halifax, Canada). He is a Pew Fellow in Marine Conservation, and leads the international Community Conservation Research Network. His work focuses on marine resource management, economics and policy, coastal communities and small-scale fisheries. He is an active member of the IUCN-CEM-FEG.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication29/08/2014
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight1206 g
- Width199 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edited byDr.,Jake Rice,Serge M. Garcia
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.