All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the UNa s creation in 1945 a vast nexus of global and regional institutions has evolved, surrounded by a proliferation of n--governmental agencies and advocacy networks seeking to influence the agenda and direction of international public policy. Although world government remains a fanciful idea, there does exist an evolving global governance complex -- embracing states, international institutions, transnational networks and agencies (both public and private) -- which functions, with variable effect, to promote, regulate or intervene in the common affairs of humanity. This book provides an accessible introduction to the current debate about the changing form and political significance of global governance. It brings together original contributions from many of the best--kwn theorists and analysts of global politics to explore the relevance of the concept of global governance to understanding how global activity is currently regulated. Furthermore, it combines an elucidation of substantive theories with a systematic analysis of the politics and limits of governance in key issue areas -- from humanitarian intervention to the regulation of global finance. Thus, the volume provides a comprehensive theoretical and empirical assessment of the shift from national government to multilayered global governance. Governing Globalization is the third book in the internationally acclaimed series on global transformations. The other two volumes are Global Transformations: Politics, Ecomics and Culture and The Global Transformations Reader: An Introduction to the Globalization Debate.
- Author BiographyDavid Held is Graham Wallas Professor of Political Science at the London School of Economics and Political Science; Anthony McGrew is Professor of International Relations at Southampton University.
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication25/10/2002
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight888 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAnthony G. McGrew,David Held
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.