All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionIn a world of growing complexity and dwindling resources, the relationship between techlogy and sustainability is a pressing issue of concern at the highest levels. This book improves our understanding by examining the ways that people, techlogy and governance shape each other with implications for sustainability. It is the first book to link techlogy studies and governance research to this problem. Contributions from leading environmental social scientists are included, with each chapter reporting on new research and tackling complex, but vital issues. Drawing on examples such as wave and tidal power, wind power, micro-generation, community waste recycling and eco-housing, the book provides powerful new insights into the governance of techlogy for sustainability. A detailed introduction and conclusion discuss existing research directions and identify the contribution that the book makes in advancing our understanding of the people-techlogy-governance nexus and its implications for sustainability. This is essential reading for all those in academia, government and industry working at the critical interface between how we develop, deploy and govern techlogy in the pursuit of sustainability.
- Author BiographyJoseph Murphy is RCUK Academic Fellow in the Sustainability Research Institute at the University of Leeds, UK. His previous co-authored and edited books include Regulatory Realities: The Implementation and Impact of Industrial Environmental Regulation, Exploring Sustainable Consumption and Governing the Transatlantic Conflict over Agricultural Biotechnology.
- Author(s)Joseph Murphy
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/08/2014
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.