All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday more than ever, cities matter to the ecomic and social well-being of the vast majority of Canadians. Canada's urban centers are simultaneously the engines of the national ecomy and the places where the risks of social exclusion are most concentrated, making invative and inclusive urban governance an urgent national priority. Governing Urban Ecomies is the first detailed scholarly examination of relations among governmental and community-based actors in Canadian city-regions. Comparing patterns of municipal-community relations and federal-provincial interactions across city-regions, this volume tracks the ways in which urban coalitions tackle complex ecomic and social challenges. Featuring an inter-disciplinary group of established and up-and-coming scholars, this collection breaks new ground in the Canadian urban politics literature and will appeal to urbanists working in a range of national contexts.
- Author BiographyNeil Bradford is an associate professor in the Department of Political Science at Huron University College. Allison Bramwell is an assistant professor in the Department of Political Science at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication09/04/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleInnovation, Creativity, and Governance in Canadian City-regions
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note1 figure
- Weight540 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byAllison Bramwell,Neil Bradford
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.