All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGovernment, Policy, and Ideology analyzes the transformation of the university systems of England and Japan from the early 1980s, with particular reference to the changing modalities of university automy and the power relationships between central authorities, the universities, and the market. The analysis compares the various policy positions of the relevant stakeholders in the two countries, highlighting the ideologies of neo-liberalism, university automy, and new managerialism. These ideologies coexist in both the English and the Japanese university systems. However, the interpretations of these ideologies made by stakeholders, the patterns of the interrelations between them, and their contextualization as elements in the policy and stance of each stakeholder differ between England and Japan. The book argues that convergence between the English and Japanese university systems is, to a large extent, explained in the transformation of the university system in England during the 1980s, and the continuity of the Ministerial jurisdictional mechanism in Japan.
- Author BiographyKeiko Yokoyama, Ph.D, is a visiting scholar at the Center for the Study for Higher Education, Pennsylvania State University. She was formerly associate professor at the Research Institute for Higher Education, Hiroshima University, Japan. Her research interests are in the areas of higher education policy analysis, sociology of education (in the context of higher education), and organizational studies.
- Author(s)Keiko Yokoyama
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication16/11/2009
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.