All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany Americans today view the government as the savior of the environment. When it comes to protecting land, fish, and wildlife, the common response is to let government do it. The contributors to Government Versus the Environment encourage us to consider government in a different light by looking at clear instances of public programs that foster environmental destruction. They provide an in-depth look at of how the political process can adversely impact the quality of our environment and argue that the government's track record in managing natural resources has been and continues to be abysmal. The case studies in Government Versus the Environment will cause readers to think twice about the all-too-familiar calls for more government for the sake of the environment.
- Author BiographyDonald R. Leal is senior associate at the Political Economy Research Center. Roger E. Meiners is professor of law and economics at the University of Texas at Arlington and director of research at the Political Economy Research Center.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/04/2002
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleThe Political Economy Forum
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight408 g
- Width157 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDonald R. Leal,Roger E. Meiners
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.