Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionExamining questions of statehood, biopolitics, sovereignty, neoliberal reason and the ecomy, Governmentality explores the advantages and limitations of adopting Michel Foucault's concept of governmentality as an analytical framework. Contributors highlight the differences as well as possible convergences with alternative theoretical frameworks. By assembling authors with a wide range of different disciplinary backgrounds, from philosophy, literature, political science, sociology to medical anthropology, the book offers a fresh perspective on studies of governmentality.
- Author BiographyUlrich Brockling is Professor for Ethics, Politics and Rhetorics at the University of Leipzig. Susanne Krasmann is Associate Professor at the Institute for Criminological Research at the University of Hamburg. Thomas Lemke is Heisenberg Professor for Sociology with Focus on Biotechnology, Nature and Society at the Goethe University Frankfurt am Main.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/09/2010
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Social and Political Thought
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 71
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight589 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited bySusanne Krasmann,Thomas Lemke,Ulrich Brockling
- Format DetailsPaper over boards,Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.