CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
About this product
- DescriptionA cultured young Englishwoman, Mary is a complete vice at sea. She is entirely unprepared for life on the convoy that sets sail from Portsmouth in 1806: for the unfamiliar rituals, the great emptiness of the ocean, the terrifying storms, the bedazzling natural wonders. Most troubling of all is the bizarre quarrel between her father and the captain of the convoy, Joseph Short, a man whose sensitivities are almost a match for William Bligh's and whose temper brings the voyagers to the brink of catastrophe. Mary's witty journal invites us beyond the quarterdeck rivalries into the private world of the Blighs: their family and friends, and the tragedies and failings of a living legend embarking on his last great command.
- Author BiographyPeter Cochrane is an award-winning historian. His previous books include Colonial Ambition: Foundations of Australian Democracy, and Australians at War.
- Author(s)Peter Cochrane
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication24/04/2013
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Specials
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPenguin Books Australia
- Weight106 g
- Width115 mm
- Height182 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.