All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow does gubernatorial and legislative influence over state spending vary across the American states? This is the question that Goverrs, Legislators, and Budgets sets out to answer. Clynch and Lauth offer case studies from all areas of the country. Demographically, they range from very rural to heavily urban. They also show a wide diversity in their center of power. Some have their power strongly resting with the goverr. Other states show domination by the legislature, and still others paint a picture of evenly dispersed power. This volume provides the contextual richness needed to understand the executive-legislative interaction which occurs during the recurring budgeting process. Chapters two to four focus on strong executive states with gubernatorial domination, approaching the executive centered process envisioned by reformers. The next four chapters concentrate on a variety of states in which the legislature retains the ability to effectively challenge the executive. The remaining chapters examine states with legislative influence and those with unusual arrangements. A closing essay by Clynch and Lauth completes the volume.
- Author BiographyEDWARD J. CLYNCH is Professor and Head of the Department of Political Science at Mississippi State University. He is the author of many articles that have appeared in the International Journal of Public Administration, Public Administration Quarterly, State and Local Government Review, and Southeastern Political Review. THOMAS P. LAUTH is Professor and Head of the Department of Political Science at the University of Georgia, Athens. He is also co-author of Compromised Compliance: Implementation of the 1965 Voting Rights Act (Greenwood Press, 1982), and The Politics of State and City Administration. He has also written articles which have appeared in Public Budgeting and Finance, the International Journal of Public Administration, and Legislative Studies Quarterly.
- Author(s)Edward J. Clynch,Thomas P. Lauth
- Date of Publication28/02/1991
- SubjectGovernment & Constitution
- Series TitleContributions in Political Science
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 265
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight458 g
- Width156 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.