All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
About this product
- DescriptionModern projects are all about one group of people delivering benefits to others, so it's surprise that the human element is fundamental to project management. The Gower Handbook of People in Project Management is a complete guide to the human dimensions involved in projects. The book is a unique and rich compilation of over 60 chapters about project management roles and the people who sponsor, manage, deliver, work in or are otherwise important to project success. It looks at the people-issues that are specific to different sectors of organization (public, private and third sector); the organization of people in projects, both real and virtual; the relationship between people, their roles and the project environment; and the human behaviours and skills associated with working collaboratively. Thus this comprehensive and invative handbook discusses all the important topics associated with employing, developing and managing people for successful projects.The contributors have been drawn from around the world and include experts ranging from practising managers to academics and advanced researchers. The Handbook is divided into six parts, which begin with management and project organization and progress through to more advanced and emerging practices. It benefits hugely from Lindsay Scott's expert kwledge and experience in this field and from Dennis Lock's contributions and meticulous editing to ensure that the text and illustrations are always lucid and informative.
- Author BiographyAfter working for a UK division of Hewlett-Packard, Lindsay Scott established PM recruitment specialists Arras People in 2002. She is careers column expert for PMI, contributes regularly to journals and broadsheets and is a frequent speaker. She is top project management social influencer in the social media and is a keen promoter of project and programme management offices. She markets the APM's PMO specific interest group.Dennis Lock is a prolific and successful management writer whose career has included management positions in defence, heavy engineering and mining. He has also conducted consultancy assignments in the UK and overseas. More recently Dennis was an external lecturer in project management for the masters degree programmes of two English universities.
- Author(s)Lindsay Scott
- PublisherGower Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication20/09/2013
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationAldershot
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGower Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIncludes 164 b&w illustrations
- Weight2056 g
- Width172 mm
- Height244 mm
- Edited byDennis Lock,Lindsay Scott,Mr Dennis Lock
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.