All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDuring his lifetime, the industrialist and collector Norton Simon (1907-1993) amassed a trove of European paintings, drawings, and prints by Rembrandt, Picasso, Degas, and others. Simon occasionally became fascinated with a particular artist's oeuvre, and that passion inspired him to assemble mographic holdings of work by several masters, chief among them Francisco de Goya (1746-1828). This book is the first to examine the extraordinary Goya collection-which includes more than 1,400 prints, a drawing, and three paintings-in the founder's namesake museum. Simon's enduring interest in serial images led him to acquire prints from various series and editions treating a range of subjects, such as religious icography, landscapes, portraits, and social satire. Spotlighting rare proofs and single prints, the catalogue also presents a complete set each of Los Caprichos, Disasters of War, and other seminal series. Lushly illustrated and authored by a distinguished Goya scholar, this catalogue is an essential guide to a treasure trove of the artist's works.
- Author BiographyJuliet Wilson-Bareau is a preeminent scholar of Goya's work. Leah Lehmbeck is curator of European painting and sculpture at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.
- Author(s)Juliet Wilson-Bareau
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication03/06/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleNorton Simon Distribution
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note380 color illus.
- Weight2179 g
- Width255 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byLeah Lehmbeck
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.