All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionChristians often assume too sharp a distinction between the Old and New Testaments, argues preacher, author, and teacher J. Ellsworth Kalas. They are too quick to view the Old Testament as a strict book of laws and commandments and the New Testament as a witness to grace. The God of the Old Testament is misperceived as a God of wrath and judgment, while the God of the New Testament is viewed as a God of love and mercy.
- Author BiographyJ. Ellsworth Kalas is Senior Professor of Homiletics at Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, Kentucky. He formerly served as President of Asbury. Kalas served for thirty-eight years as a pastor in four churches in Wisconsin and Ohio. He has published more than thirty books, including Grace in a Tree Stump: Old Testament Stories of God's Love and Preaching the Calendar: Celebrating Holidays and Holy Days, both available from WJK.
- Author(s)J. Ellsworth Kalas
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/02/2005
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight185 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.