All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionColor communicates because color is powerful, & powerful color is more powerful still. --Scape Martinez In this hot-off-the-streets book, Scape Martinez shows you how to use color to bring beauty, meaning and life to graffiti art. To shout, shock and sing. To push the boundaries of art and communicate in a way that letter structure alone cant. By example, you'll learn how to connect your own color choices in a meaningful way, making your art both deeply personal and highly effective. * Check out Scape's improvisational creative process as he creates 12 works (his personal cave paintings ) on concrete and canvas, step by step, from concept to completion. * Instruction and exercises help you choose the colors that work for you and your artwork, find your distinct voice, and keep it real. * Dig into Scape's bag of tricks for creating a site-specific piece, mixing conventional can techniques with traditional acrylic painting skills, exploring transparent letters and letter abstraction, working with mochromatic color schemes, turning letters inside out, and lots more. It's time to let go of old graffiti truths, like the idea of mandatory black outline and static fill-ins. The new aesthetic urges you to take creative risks. Combine expressive letter styles with wild and intense color schemes that transform, roll and change throughout your piece. Improvise on the spot. Drive it to the next level!
- Author BiographyScape Martinez is an accomplished multidisciplinary artist and best-selling author who has been involved in graffiti art since the 1980s. He pushes the boundaries of graffiti and street art, bringing his urban style into fine art, public art and the entrepreneurial arena. He has written two IMPACT books on creating graffiti-style art, Graff: The Art & Technique of Graffiti and Graff 2: Next Level Graffiti Techniques. Visit him at scapemartinez.com.
- Author(s)Scape Martinez
- PublisherF&W Publications Inc
- Date of Publication29/11/2013
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIMPACT Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.