All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionIn metaphor there is an implicit comparison, a higher form by which presence in this world is made manifest through language. Pierre DesRuisseaux ...practises that ellipse of metaphor in which I like to see the primal symbol, polished by the poet to a glittering point of excellence ...Pierre DesRuisseaux's work abounds in such triumphs. No one w dares to talk seriously of the universe ...It is by trusting to language -- t childish language, but the language of childhood -- and to the original state of the word that the poet intends to lay the foundation of his peaceable kingdom and restore the universe, giving it the appropriate form and rhythm for the truths he has to say, and, with convincing discipline, first capturing the reader's attention, then inspiring fervour.
- Author BiographyPierre DesRuisseaux, poet, editor, translator and authority on Quebec popular culture, is one of the most active proponents in the Quebec literary scene. Born in Sherbrooke, Quebec in 1945, he is the author of numerous volumes of poetry, non-fiction and fiction. He is a frequent editorial and creative contributor to literary journals both inside and outside Quebec. He is also the author and researcher for many works devoted to current Quebec culture, including le Dictionnaire des expressions quebecoises.
- Author(s)Pierre DesRuisseaux
- PublisherDC Books,Canada
- Date of Publication01/12/2002
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMontreal, QC
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDC Books,Canada
- Weight110 g
- Width215 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine7 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.